As a business owner in Jacksonville, FL, you may have heard the terms local SEO and technical SEO thrown around, but you might not be entirely sure what they mean or how they differ. In simple terms, local SEO refers to the strategies used to improve your website’s visibility in local search results, while technical SEO deals with the technical aspects of your website that impact its search engine ranking.
What is Local SEO and Technical SEO?
Local SEO focuses on making your business visible to potential customers in your area. For example, if you own a restaurant in Jacksonville, FL, you want your website to appear at the top of the search results when someone searches for “best restaurants in Jacksonville, FL.” This can be achieved through a variety of tactics, such as optimizing your Google Business listing, building local citations, and creating content that targets local keywords.
Technical SEO, on the other hand, deals with the behind-the-scenes aspects of your website that can impact its search engine ranking. This includes things like site speed (check your site speed here), mobile responsiveness, URL structure, and meta descriptions. These elements may not be as visible to your customers, but they are critical to ensuring that search engines can crawl and index your website properly.
Let’s Dive Deeper in Tech SEO vs Local SEO
To give you a better idea of the difference between local SEO and technical SEO, let’s take a look at some specific examples:
Example 1: Local SEO
Let’s say you run a plumbing business in Jacksonville, FL. To improve your local SEO, you might:
- Claim and optimize your Google Business listing with accurate business information, photos, and customer reviews.
- Build local citations by listing your business in online directories such as Yelp and Angie’s List.
- Create location-specific content that targets local keywords, such as “plumber in Jacksonville, FL” or “emergency plumbing services in Jacksonville.”
- Use schema markup to help search engines understand the specific location of your business.
By implementing these strategies, you can improve your visibility in local search results and attract more customers in Jacksonville who are looking for plumbing services.
Example 2: Technical SEO
Now let’s focus on the technical side of things. To improve your technical SEO, you might:
- Ensure that your website loads quickly by optimizing images, reducing the number of HTTP requests, and using caching.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly by using responsive design and avoiding pop-ups that can interfere with mobile usability.
- Create a clear URL structure that is easy for both users and search engines to understand.
- Write compelling meta descriptions that accurately describe the content on each page and include relevant keywords.
By focusing on these technical aspects of your website, you can ensure that search engines can crawl and index your site properly, which can ultimately improve your search engine rankings and drive more traffic to your website.
In conclusion, local SEO and technical SEO are two different but equally important aspects of improving your website’s search engine visibility. By implementing strategies that focus on both local SEO and technical SEO, you can attract more customers in Jacksonville, FL, and improve your online presence.